As we head into the holidays, this week’s episode of In the Sterilization Room with Jackie offers a cautionary tale—the story of a Maine wedding that led to a community outbreak of COVID-19. As infection prevention expert Jackie Dorst, RDH, BS, puts it, the event offers a good example of how infectious the virus is. Jackie walks us through the aftermath of the event, which was featured in last week’s CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), and talks about how it applies to the orthodontic office. Jackie offers a reminder on how the orthodontic team can protect itself ahead of the holidays and a refresher on what to do if a team member tests positive. She even shares the story of an orthodontist who reached out to her this weekend after the receptionist tested positive and talks us through the guidance she gave the doctor. OP
March 3, 2016
August 5, 2020
- Henry Schein Announces Virtual Presence at Greater NY Dental Meeting
- SmileDirectClub, MetLife Partner to Provide In-Network Orthodontic Treatment
- Cybersecurity: Why Orthodontic Practices Are an Easy Target for Hackers
- ADA Calls on CDC to Include Dentists in COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Plan
- How Did Orthodontic Practices Fare in 2020?