Henry Schein was named one of the 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 12th consecutive year by Ethisphere.
Henry Schein has been recognized by Ethisphere, a company that defines and measures standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2023 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Henry Schein has been recognized 12 times and is the only honoree in the Healthcare Products industry. In 2023, 135 honorees spanning 19 countries and 46 industries were recognized.
“Our commitment to the success of the stakeholders that make up our ‘Mosaic of Success’ – Team Schein members, customers, supplier partners, shareholders, and society – has long been the foundation of our purpose-driven approach to business. ,” said Stanley M. Bergman, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Henry Schein. “Fulfilling this commitment requires tackling significant external challenges to our collective success, including climate change, health inequities, supply chain resilience, and the underrepresentation of women, ethnic minorities, and other diverse populations in health care, among others.”
Among Henry Schein’s environmental, social, and governance (ESG) efforts are:
- Partnering with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and serving as Chair of the Gold Foundation Corporate Council to support the mental health of the general public and health care professionals.
- Committing to the Business Ambition for 1.5⁰C and the Race to Zero campaigns, which seeks to rally leadership from the private sector for a healthy, resilient, zero carbon recovery.
- Signing Paradigm for Parity to achieve gender equality in corporate leadership and the United Nations Human Rights Office LGBTI Standards for Business to promote equal rights and fair treatment of the LGBTI community.
- Serving on the World Economic Forum CEO Alliance for Climate Leaders.
- Collaborating with community-based agencies to help educate managers on recognizing mental health distress.
- Promoting health equity for children, patients with special needs, and vulnerable populations through initiatives with Project Accessible Oral Health, Santa Fe Group, ADA Foundation’s Give Kids A Smile, Release the Pressure with the National Medical Association, and others.
- Publishing a corporate Human Rights Statement, co-founding the Responsible Glove Alliance, and developing internal human rights training for Team Schein members.
- Advocating for diversity and inclusion in the health care profession via national, state, local, and culturally diverse dental associations, including partnering with the National Dental Association to create an experience helping to expose high school students from underrepresented communities to the dental profession and dental team opportunities through the S.M.I.L.E. Healthcare Pathways program.
- Creating and delivering diversity and inclusion training for practitioners to help increase cultural competency and patient experience.
“Congratulations to Henry Schein for being recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for 12 consecutive years,” said Erica Salmon Byrne, Ethisphere CEO. “We applaud Henry Schein and its Team Schein Members for their dedication to building a robust ethics and compliance culture and seeking to address important issues today, including environmental sustainability, diversity of its stakeholders, advancing health equity, and much more, all while providing health care professionals with the products and services needed to deliver quality patient care across the globe.”
Photo 30117728 © Nadeesha Gamage | Dreamstime.com