Spark Clear Aligner Release 13 features Integrated Hooks, CBCT TruRoot Feature, and Real Time Approval in the Spark Approver Software.
The Spark Aligners Release 13 includes proprietary Integrated Hooks, CBCT TruRoot Feature, and Real Time Approval in the Spark Approver Software which will further enhance treatment planning and efficiency.
“We are proud to continue our 60+ year commitment to making breakthrough advances to best serve our doctors,” said Rick Matty, vice president of product innovation. “Through their insights, the Spark Aligners R13 launch continues to revolutionize and improve predictable treatment planning and increase operational efficiency to elevate our doctors’ practices.”
Key innovations in Spark Release 13 include:
- Integrated Hooks – Spark’s proprietary Integrated Hooks are an innovative alternative to current hook or button aligner cutouts when elastics are needed in treatment.
- TruRoot – With the all-new TruRoot Feature, Spark doctors now have the option to replace the library roots in the Spark Approver Software with the patient’s actual root shape as captured on the CBCT scan, to deliver a more comprehensive root visualization and treatment plan.
- Real Time Approval – With Real Time Approval doctors can add, modify, or delete aligner features without the need for change requests.
“Doctors continue to see the extensive value of Spark Aligners’ ground-breaking clinical features within their practices,” said Eric Conley, president of Ormco. “The global launch of Release 13 is another testament to Spark’s mission to provide doctors increased control and flexibility in their treatment process and showcase new enhancements to Spark’s Approver Software.”
Spark Aligners’ enhanced Integrated Hooks are built into the aligners with tested durability throughout the course of aligner treatment. Spark’s Integrated Hooks can be used whenever elastics are needed, such as for Class II and Class III correction, and even with TADS to aid with intrusion for gummy smile correction.
Ormco understands the importance of being able to visualize roots for both diagnosing and treatment planning. With the TruRoot Feature, Spark doctors now have the option to replace the library roots in the Spark Approver Software with the patient’s actual root shape as captured on the CBCT scan.
Spark cases that utilize the CBCT TruRoot feature will have pink roots to visually differentiate them from the default library roots. Doctors can also customize with a color of choice to provide immediate identification of a TruRoot setup.
In addition to the new TruRoot Feature, Spark’s CBCT integration and root visualization solution offers the following proprietary features:
- Three preset views: Skin, Translucent Skin, and Bone and Soft Tissue
- Clipping plane is available in three different views (axial, coronal and mesial-distal)
- The ability for the doctor to continue to work on the prescription form while uploading the DICOM file
- Available on all Spark products for increased control and flexibility: Spark Advanced, Spark 20 and Spark 10
Real Time Approval
More efficient and faster workflows are also now achievable with the new Spark Approver Software feature. Aligner features in the auxiliary menu (Integrated Hooks, attachments, posterior bite turbos, bite ramps, elastic and button cutouts) can now be modified, added or deleted without the need for change requests.
Spark Aligners will be hosting a webinar on November 4, at 9 AM PT to discuss Release 13’s latest clinical features. Bill Dischinger, DMD, will detail the new features designed to provide doctors with increased control and flexibility in their treatment process.
Photo courtesy of Ormco