onDiem announced the winners of its Changemakers in Dentistry Award, recognizing compassionate and impactful leaders in dentistry.
onDiem announced the five winners of their inaugural Changemakers in Dentistry Award, which will be a yearly effort to recognize and celebrate the most compassionate and impactful leaders in dentistry.
The winners were announced at the ADHA (American Dental Hygienist Association) 2023 Conference, for which onDiem served as a title sponsor. Each winner received a $3,000 grant, in addition to other prizes and honors.
The 2023 onDiem Changemakers in Dentistry Award winners:
- Carrie Wucinich, RDH, founder of the Kindness Conquers Foundation, for her work to support the well-being and oral health needs of children with cancer.
- Morris Mugo, RDH, founder of Safari N Smiles, for empowering diverse practitioners and organizing the provision of critical dental care in Africa.
- Sue Kassoff-Correia, CRDH, BS, clinical director for the Special Olympics and Special Smiles volunteer, for her leadership and advocacy for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
- Ryan Rutar, RDH, MAM, BS, BA, chair of the IDEA Committee for the ADHA and editorial advisory board member for RDH Magazine, for his work to build a safe and inclusive dental industry for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Misty Mattingly, RDH, BS, senior VP and chief dental hygiene oOfficer at Sage, for her strong advocacy efforts to improve the working conditions and livelihoods of hygienists.
“We announced our winners at the ADHA’s Friday Night Reception—at a venue decorated with pan-Asian symbols of healing, mercy, compassion, and abundance. There was truly no better place to celebrate our winners and nominees, who have each demonstrated exceptional commitment to creating a more empowered, diverse, and thriving dental community,” said Joe Fogg, founder and chief executive officer of onDiem. “The onDiem Changemakers Award is designed to empower compassionate dental professionals who, like onDiem, have made it their mission to improve the livelihoods and growth potential of our dental community. I’m humbled to be a small part of their heroic efforts.”
Nominees for the Changemakers Award, in addition to the winners, will become part of an exclusive onDiem community designed to uplift and empower more changemakers in the industry.
The nominees included:
- Katrina Klein, RDH, CEAS, CPT
- Jessica Atkinson, RDH, BSDH, MEd, FADHA
- Shelley Brown, MEd, BSDH, RDH, FADHA
- Sheena Hinson , RDH
- Beryl “Sue” Kassoff-Correia, CRDH, BS
- Melia Lewis, MEd, BSDH, RDH
- Jeannette Diaz, RDH, RDHAP, MS, MPH, FADHA
- Alicia Murria, RDH MS
- Michelle Strange, MSDH, RDH, CDIPC
- Cheryl Shafer, RDH, BS, COM
- Amanda Hill, BSDH, RDH, CDIPC
- Nicole Ortega, RDH, RDHAP, CEO
- Marlyce James , MSEd, RDH, CDA
For more information about this award, and to learn how to nominate a dental professional for next year’s honor, email [email protected].