The AAO’s 107th Annual Session takes place May 18 to 22 in Seattle. On May 22 from 8 AM to 10 AM, the AAO and the Council on Orthodontic Practice (COOP) will present the 2007 Orthodontic Staff Competition.
Eight staff members will be chosen to compete. Participants will give a 10-minute oral/PowerPoint presentation based on an orthodontic theme. A panel of orthodontists will judge the competition. The top three presenters will receive awards totaling $2,000 ($1,000 for first place, $600 for second place, and $400 for third place).
Presentations can be created by the entire office staff, but only one individual can make the presentation. Suggested presentation themes include the following:
- the assistant’s role in orthodontic oral hygiene;
- the assistant’s role in case presentation;
- inventory control and model storage;
- types of bands and bonds, and how they are used;
- orthodontic patient care;
- patient information pamphlets/educational materials; or
- any subject based on a relevant project/role enhancement in the orthodontic office.
For more information about any of the events at the Annual Session, click here.