OrthoAccel® Technologies Inc, Houston, has announced its lecture schedule for the American Association of Orthodontics 2015 Annual Session, held from May 15 to 19 in San Francisco. Seven orthodontists will present scientific lectures on OrthoAccel’s AcceleDent®, an FDA-cleared, Class II medical device designed to speed up orthodontic treatment by as much as 50% with 20 minutes of daily use.
Anil Idiculla, DMD, an orthodontist and professor at the University of Colorado, will present “Accelerate Your Practice Using AcceleDent” during the staff program, while a number of micro-lectures will be held at the company’s booth. The micro-lectures will include:
- Nasib Balut, DDS, MS, on “Effective Passive Self-Ligation Techniques with AcceleDent.”
- Jay Bowman, DDS, on “A View from the Clinical Trenches: Research on the Effects of AcceleDent.”
- Sam Daher, DDS, on “Growing Your Practice with Accelerated Treatment.”
- Dawei Liu, DDS, MS, PhD, on “Accelerating Orthodontic Tooth Movement with Pulsate Forces.”
- Kenji Ojima, DDS, on “Advanced Treatment Techniques with AcceleDent.”
- Sonia Palleck, DDS, on “A New Horizon—Integrating Digital Orthodontics with Accelerated Treatment.”
- Sarah Keller, a orthodontic practice consultant, on “Practice Integration Pearls—Increasing Your Case Acceptance with Accelerated Orthodontics.”
Palleck’s micro-lecture will be aimed at clinicians seeking to differentiate their practice, and she will discuss how she strives to complete all cases in 12 months or less. Bowman and Liu will focus their sessions on the latest published research related to AcceleDent’s patented SoftPulse Technology® and the clinical evidence supporting accelerated tooth movement.
Now available in more than 2,300 orthodontic locations in the United States and Canada, AcceleDent is the most common accelerated treatment technique used by orthodontists, according to the Journal of Clinical Orthodontics.
For lecture dates and times, visit the company’s website.