According to an announcement from Sleep Group Solutions (SGS), North Miami Beach, Fla, a recent study estimated that 33% of male and 6% of female dentalpatients were at high risk for obstructive sleep apnea (Morgan et al, 2011). To prepare orthodontists to treat these patients, SGS is offering two 2-day Dental Sleep Medicine Seminars.
On February 3 and 4, the company will offer seminars in both Los Angeles and Atlanta. The Los Angeles seminar will be taught by Dr Marty Lipsey, while Dr Brock Rondeau will be the instructor in Atlanta.
Subjects will include:
• Understanding sleep and sleep disorders;
• physiology of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea;
• treatment options, including surgery and CPAP;
• clinical signs and symptoms of sleep disorders in a dental patient;
• screening procedures and office protocols for identifying sleep apnea;
• sleep apnea diagnostic options
• how to take proper records;
• pros and cons of all the major oral appliances;
• medical insurance billing;
• dental sleep medicine marketing from marketing experts at sleeptest.com; and
• hands-on acoustic pharyngometer/rhinometer testing.
For more information about this and other orthodontic companies, visit our Buyer’s Guide.