What better feeling could you have than being at the top of your profession? Clearly, the goal of every practice is to be in this position—in the top 25%. So the question is…what steps need to be taken to get there?
How to Be a Top 25% Practice
1. Identify all possible marketing areas.
In the Levin Group orthodontic referral marketing program, we have created what we refer to as Five Focus Areas with a major set of marketing strategies in each area. These five areas include:
- The Patient Branded Referral and Rewards Program
- The Parent Ambassador Program
- The Social Media Program
- The Referring Doctor Driver Program
- The Full Awareness Community Program
Work hard to create a set of strategies in each of these five areas in order to maximize every opportunity. You should also create synergy amongst the different areas so that the whole of the marketing is greater than the sum of the marketing parts.
2. Create a brand for the practice. What do you want to be known for as a practice? Having a fun environment? Being involved in the community? Providing the highest quality? Being technologically advanced? Whatever you choose, you must promote it consistently to patients, parents, the community, and referring doctors.
3. Provide five-star customer service. This means going above and beyond to make your parents and patients feel welcome and comfortable in your office. Greet them warmly, provide amenities like free wi-fi and water, and ask them if they have any questions or need help.
4. Review your fee schedule. There are an increasing number of people who cannot afford a down payment or even a monthly payment. Design financial plans that allow parents and patients to take advantage of treatment from your office. This helps make orthodontics affordable without having to lower your fees.
There are many other things you can and should do including building a first-class team focused on patient satisfaction, hiring a treatment coordinator who can close 90% of all cases, building powerful relationships with patients, and having an internal referral program with rewards and excitement for patients.
All of these strategies can help put your practice in position to propel to the top 25%. OP
Roger P. Levin, DDS, is the CEO of Levin Group, a leading dental management consulting firm. Founded in 1985, Levin Group has worked with over 30,000 dental practices. Levin is one of the most sought-after speakers in dentistry and is a leading authority on orthodontic practice success and sustainable growth. Through extensive research and cutting-edge innovation, Levin is a recognized expert on propelling practices into the top 10%. He has authored 65 books and over 4,000 articles on dental practice management and marketing. To contact Levin, visit levingroup.com or email email@example.com.