America’s ToothFairy: National Children’s Oral Health Foundation has kicked off its second annual Virtual ToothFairy Ball and Online Auction.
The event runs from November 4 to 16, 2015.
Corporations and individuals participate by purchasing virtual “tables” for $5,000 and by donating items for the silent auction. Each table sponsor will have a $5,000 ToothFairy Grant awarded in their name to a member of the America’s ToothFairy Affiliate Network, a collaborative alliance of nonprofit clinics and community programs serving vulnerable children. Last year, more than $200,000 raised through the event was distributed as ToothFairy Grants to support smile-saving programs from coast to coast.
Table sponsors for this year’s event include: 3Mgives Foundation; Cetylite; Delta Dental of Minnesota Foundation/Thomas Engels; Dentsply; Dr Cherilyn Sheets and Mark Moehlman; Hanley Wood Marketing; Heartland Dental; Henk van Duijnhoven; Henry Schein; Invisalign; IQ Dental Supply Inc; Ivoclar Vivadent; James Ingebrand; Orabloc by Pierrel Pharma; Patterson Dental; SciCan; Sheets, Paquette, & Wu Dental Practice; Sirona; Thomas & JoAnn Prescott; TSC EcoSolutions Inc; and Ultradent.
Dental professionals, industry members, and the general public are invited to visit the auction website and bid through November 16. According to the organization, 100% of event proceeds will be allocated directly to oral health education and treatment programs for children in need, thanks to generous underwriters.
Auction items for dental practices and dental companies include:
- Full page ads in Compendium and Dental Products Report
- A day with Dr Gordon Christensen including a private personalized course and lunch
- Schick Dental System from Sirona
- Pentamix™ Lite Automatic Mixing Unit, Paradigm™ DeepCure Curing Light, and Elipar™ DeepCure-S Curing Light from 3M ESPE
- Pioneer Elite Laser, NC350 Electric Lab Engine, and LED Plus Curing Light from Patterson Dental
- Two-day hands-on course and five DVD set from Practical Clinical Courses
- Over the Shoulder Practice Observation Day & Dinner with Sheets, Paquette, & Wu Dental Practice
- M11 UltraClave Automatic Sterilizer from Midmark
- Nomad Handheld X-ray Unit and your choice of handpieces from KaVo Kerr Group
- IRIS Intraoral Camera from Digital Doc
- Products from 3M ESPE, Septodont, DMG America, Dr John’s Candy, GumChucks, KaVo Kerr Group, Mydent International, and Shofu Dental
The auction will also include trips and personal items including:
- Trips to Costa Rica, Sonoma’s Wine Country, and the 2016 ESPY Awards
- Tickets to Minnesota Wild hockey, Charlotte Hornets basketball, and Arkansas Travelers baseball
- Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Apple Watch and Apple iPad Mini 3
- Tickets to a show at Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis
- Autographed Dale Earnhardt Jr. Die Cast Car donated by The Dale Jr. Foundation
- NFL replica helmet autographed by Carolina Panther Luke Kuechly
- GoPro Hero3+ Camera
- Art by Maria Fernanda Lairet
- Handbag by Silvia Tcherassi
- Sazingg yellow gold and black rhodium ring
“The Virtual ToothFairy Ball and Online Auction is an excellent opportunity for dental practices to access great deals on top dental equipment and products, while also supporting vital oral health education and services for children,” said Fern Ingber, America’s ToothFairy president and CEO. “We invite dental practices, the broader dental industry, and the general public to participate so that every child has the tools they need for a lifetime of good health.”