Homebound seniors will receive “Senior Smiles” kits with today’s home-delivered meals. Provided by Moon, Pa–based GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare in conjunction with Sullivan-Schein Dental, the kits are part of a nationwide oral health awareness campaign organized by the Alliance of the
American Dental Association (AADA).
“This year, August 15 has been designated as National Senior Smiles Day,” explained Connie Karlowicz, President of the AADA, the organization of American Dental Association (ADA) members spouses committed to supporting the ADA through public oral health education and legislative advocacy. “More than 100 AADA Chapters across the nation are helping to deliver Senior Smiles kits to 10,000 homebound seniors as part of this effort.”
The kits, full of oral care products, will be distributed by volunteers at LifeSpan Home Delivered Meals in Homestead in addition to several other sites across Allegheny County. The contents of the kits include:
• Aquafresh® extra fresh whitening toothpaste;
• Aquafresh toothbrush;
• Sensodyne® toothpaste for sensitive teeth;
• Super Poligrip® Denture Adhesive Smooth Cream;
• Polident® 3-Minute denture cleanser;
• Super Poligrip Comfort Seal Strips for Dentures;
• Wernet® denture brush;
• Acclean® waxed floss; and
• Dental educational booklet.
[www.prnewswire.com, August 15, 2006]