In this free, 30-minute webinar, with Formlabs, you will learn how to clean and prepare several types of models, including diagnostic, clear retainers, and splints, for 3D printing with free online tools.
If you are interested in 3D printing, but learning CAD software is blocking you from taking the next step, join us for our next webinar, where we will look at the free tools available online that can teach you how to make your intraoral scans suitable for in-office 3D printing, from the comfort of your desk.
The 30-minute, free webinar, sponsored by Formlabs, will take place Tuesday, September 29, 2020, at 2:00 pm ET.
Sam Wainwright, dental product manager at Formlabs, will lead the webinar, titled “Learn How to Use This Free Software to Make Models From Your 3D Intraoral Scans.” He will take you on a deep dive into a free software to teach you how to clean and prepare several types of models for 3D printing: diagnostic, clear retainers, splints, and more. This webinar will teach you the basics of CAD, and how easy it is to adopt and implement in-house 3D printing.
What you will learn:
- The basic controls to zoom, rotate, pan, and orient yourself around a 3D dental model.
- How to clean an intraoral scan to refine perimeters, remove flaps, and fill holes.
- How to set up an occlusal plane to remove extraneous data from your model.
- How to handle more complex (and realistic) cases where your intraoral scanner may capture extraneous data like a patient’s tongue or lip.
- The steps needed to easily send your model via wifi to an in-office 3D printer.
Wainwright has been in the dental industry for 10 years helping labs and dentists increase efficiency with new technology. He most notably has worked for Custom Automated Prosthetics (CAP), Henry Schein, and 3M as they expanded their presence in the industry.
To register, visit https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7062103121228719884?source=web-post.