The America’s Toothfairy® National Children’s Oral Health Foundation’s (NCOHF), Charlotte, NC, recently announced that it awarded $170,000 in grants to its affiliate network of non-profit children’s clinical and program partners. Funds were donated by individual and corporate table sponsors for the NCOHF Virtual ToothFairy Ball and Online Auction, a fundraiser held in November, 2014.
Each $5,000 sponsorship has been awarded as a “ToothFairy Grant” in the name of the donating individual or company and will enhance delivery of quality oral health education and treatment services for children in need. Grant recipients include:
- University of Washington Center for Pediatric Dentistry, Seattle: $5,000 DENTSPLY International grant;
- Children’s Dental Services, Minneapolis: $5,000 Retired 3M Executives grant;
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Birmingham, Ala: $5,000 Henry Schein grant;
- AT Still University dba Arizona School of Dentistry and Oral Health, Mesa, Ariz: $5,000 Darby Dental Supply LLC grant;
- Sonrisas Community Dental Center, Half Moon Bay, Calif: $5,000 Invisalign® grant;
- Just Kids Dental, Two Harbors, Minn: $5,000 SciCan Inc grant;
- Kids’ Community Dental Clinic of Burbank, Burbank, Calif: $5,000 Ultradent Products Inc grant; and
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, Boston: $5,000 Sirona grant.
Since its founding in 2006, America’s ToothFairy has delivered more than $14 million in direct funding, donated dental products and equipment, and educational resources to its nonprofit affiliate network, a collaborative association of university dental and dental hygiene programs, community clinics, and school-based and mobile programs providing comprehensive oral health services to children in underserved communities.