Align Technology Inc, Santa Clara, Calif, introduces new product features designed to provide improved results for everyday clinical demands, including extrusion and rotation of teeth, root movements, and interproximal reduction (IPR).
"This continued evolution of our product line and our technology is based on extensive customer research and the treatment data and experience gained through more than 1 million Invisalign cases," Sheila Tan, Align Technology’s vice president, marketing and chief marketing officer, said in an announcement. "We believe that these improvements will give doctors greater confidence in what they can achieve with Invisalign, and help deliver the outcomes doctors expect in more clinical applications."
The new features are designed to overcome obstacles to treatment with Invisalign by addressing clinical issues that orthodontists have perceived as challenging in Invisalign treatment, such as extrusions and rotations, and by implementing improvements and best practices frequently requested by orthodontists. The new features include the following:
• Optimized attachments for extrusions and rotations are now custom-designed to be patient-specific and tooth-specific;
• power Ridges™, previously available only with Invisalign Teen™, are used in place of attachments to provide additional force in cases where certain types of movements, including lingual root torque, are prescribed;
• Velocity Optimization provides more controlled movements for the entire tooth, including the root, and is designed to limit the speed of tooth movements to optimal ranges; and
• the Interproximal Reduction (IPR) Protocol can now be set up in later stages of treatment when teeth are better aligned and contact points may be easier to access; and
• a new Invisalign attachment kit and attachment material are designed to deliver greater bond strength, wear resistance, accuracy, and ease of use.
The new features are being deployed in all Invisalign products.
For more information on this and other orthodontic products, visit our Buyer’s Guide.