Carestream Dental, Atlanta, has announced a new format for its upcoming Dental Summit, previously the Dental Users’ Conference. Among the new format offerings is a new lineup of expert speakers, expanding the scope of topics the Dental Summit will address.
“The scope of the Dental Summit was expanded this year to include professionals from across the field of dentistry—as well as returning Carestream Dental CS Imaging, CS SoftDent, and CS PracticeWorks users—and our educational sessions reflect that,” Mary Conditt, director of clinical affairs, US digital, Carestream Dental, said. “Such a broad mix of attendees means a variety of new speakers covering topics such as customer service, practice transition, HIPAA, social media, and community involvement. Of course, there will also be plenty of sessions scheduled to train and enhance the experience of our software users, as well.”
The Summit will feature two keynote speakers to kick off each day. On Friday, November 7, keynote speaker Bob Spiel, Spiel & Associates Consulting, kicks off the Dental Summit with “Winning It! Leading Out and Breaking Barriers in Your Practice, at Home and in Life.” According to Spiel, inspired personal and group leadership is the backbone of every exceptional practice—and the foundation of genuine success in life.
The following day, November 8, keynote Mark Hyman, DDS, Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, presents “A Day in the Life of a Top Gun Dental Team.” According to a press release from the company, attendees can listen, learn, and laugh through a fast-paced, humorous review of “a day in the life” of a dynamic real-world private dental practice.
Industry experts will also speak about up-and-coming issues in the dental industry during the Summit. Speakers and sessions include:
Friday, November 7
- Karen Gregory, Total Medical Compliance, presents “Complying with the HIPAA Omnibus Final Rule: You Can Be Successful!”
- Adele Reische, Synergy Practice, presents “Elevate the World: How Giving Can Be Your Best Practice.”
- Reische details her own community involvement during a Lunch and Learn on Friday, “Get Started, Take it to the Next Level with Alana Smiles and Adele Reische.”
- Kent Smith, DDS, SleepDallas.com, presents “Sleeping with the Enemy.”
- David Little, DDS, Professionals in Dentistry, presents “Implant Dentistry: Enhancing Diagnosis, Case Acceptance, Outcomes.”
- Richard Steinberg, DDS, North River Dental, presents the interactive workshops “Digital Impressions & Chair Side Restorative Dentistry—Part 1” and “Streamline Your Practice with Digital Impressions—Part 2.”
- Shannon Pace-Baker, Contemporary Product Solutions, presents “The Dental Concierge.”
Saturday, November 8
- Rita Zamora, Rita Zamora Connections, presents “Keys to Social Media Marketing Success.”
- Joel Small, DDS, Hamilton, Small & Associates, presents “Building Wealth through Creative Practice Transitions.”
- Rosemary Bray, Bray Consulting, presents, “Extraordinary Service—A Dental Necessity!”
The Dental Summit is now open to all dental professionals, as well as CS Imaging, CS SoftDent, and CS PracticeWorks users, and takes place November 7 to 9, 2014, in Atlanta.
For more information about the speakers, all educational sessions, or to register, visit www.carestreamdental.com/dentalsummit.