The 2-day educational and networking event features a slate of talks and panels focusing on business, staffing, and technology challenges faced by emerging and mid-sized DSOs.
HR for Health and 1-800-DENTIST will hold its 6th annual DSO Leadership Summit, April 15 to 17, 2020, in Beverly Hills, Calif. The 2-day educational and networking event is designed for DSO executives, owners, investors, and industry partners, and features a slate of talks and panels focusing on business, staffing, and technology challenges faced by emerging and mid-sized dental service organizations.
This year’s meeting, titled “Survival of the Fittest: Strategies for a Rapidly Changing Industry,” is sponsored by RecallMax, and will be held at the Summit’s new location—the InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverly Hills.
The Summit will bring together a unique group of business, legal, marketing, HR, staffing and technology thought leaders. Event organizers said that when selecting speakers and panelists they deliberately expanded their search beyond the “usual suspects,” the core group of experts often appearing at industry events.
“We felt it was time to get some fresh perspectives on what’s happening in the DSO world, especially as it relates to emerging groups,” said HR for Health’s DSO Summit Director, Kimberly Fuller, CMP. “Our goal is to provide new insights on the obstacles and opportunities that lie ahead for DSOs with three to 75 locations. In many ways, their concerns are very different from those of larger dental groups.”
The 2020 Summit features appearances by many of the industry’s rising stars and most influential new voices, including Google’s Parker Nelson; Ophir Tanz, CEO of Pearl Inc; and Floss Bar founder Eva Sadej. Other key speakers include:
- Brian Colao, director of Dykema’s Dental Service Organizations Industry Group
- Jill Hasselmann, director of business development for HR for Health
- Dr Ryan Hungate, founder and CEO of Simplifeye
- Brian McCarthy, 1-800-DENTIST’s CEO
- Mike Montgomery, director of healthcare strategic markets for Live Oak Bank
- Josh Muir, director of DSO and special markets at RecallMax
- Bill Neumann, Group Dentistry Now’s CEO
- John Whitaker, SVP and chief people officer at Sage Dental Management
- Mike White, managing partner at CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen)
The 2020 Summit will be emceed by Gary Takacs, the host of dentistry’s #1 podcast, The Thriving Dentist.
This year’s Summit highlights include:
- DSO Diagnosis: Winners Take All—features three emerging dental groups receiving real-time business consultations and operational analyses in front of a live audience. This year’s panel of experts includes Vincent Cardillo, founder of Maeva Dental Advisors; Maria Melone, founding partner of MORR Dental Solutions, and Ali Oromchian, founder and CEO of HR for Health.
Jessica Pettitt—standup comedian, diversity training expert and author of “Good Enough Now,” Pettitt is this year’s special keynote speaker. Her presentation, “Conversations That Matter,” combines humor with hard truths to challenge long-held assumptions about the types of people who drive change and are successful.
Networking—the Summit focuses on providing attendees with ample time and opportunity to share ideas and build new connections with senior DSO executives, venture capitalists and key industry partners is one of the reasons for its continuing success.
With over 200 DSO attendees expected, event organizers are expecting the event to sellout for the sixth consecutive year. Registration is available at hrforhealth.com/dsosummit.