3Shape, Copenhagen, Denmark, recently released its next generation Dental System™ 2014 to the market.
New features in Dental System 2014 include:
- Auto-crown functionality for increasing productivity. The software automatically positions and shapes designed crowns to fit neighboring teeth and antagonist.
- A new user experience, featuring optimized workflows and a redesigned user interface that includes 3D order forms, a new Workflow Bar, intuitive subdesign steps, plus flexible “Next” and “Preview” buttons. Users can choose between “Basic” and “Expert” design modes to adjust the complexity of workflows according to needs, software skills, and experience.
- The ability to more easily determine the margin line using TRIOS® HD photos.
- A new Splint Designer™ module, which provides new service options. It includes software for CAD design of common dental appliances, such as Splints, Night Guards, and Protectors, which are ready for output using 3D manufacturing machines and materials. 3Shape is offering this module to Dental System™ Premium subscribers for free.
- Implant Studio™ for implant planning and surgical guides. This all-in-one software package will be available both as an add-on module for integrating in Dental System™ and also in various stand-alone configurations.
Dental System 2014 additionally includes optimized workflows for digital impressions, enhanced scanning speed and accuracy, framework design with mamelon structures,
3Shape includes LABcare™ with all Dental System subscriptions. LABcare is 3Shape’s customer-centric business model that ensures users continuously get new technologies through annual software releases such as Dental System 2014. In addition to upgrades, LABCare gives subscribers access to 3Shape’s support network, as well as to training channels such as webinars, videos, etc.
Dental System 2014 will be available through 3Shape resellers.