A recent Delta Dental report found that a majority of American adults believe that dental insurance supports their overall wellness.
Delta Dental finds an overwhelming majority of US adults value dental insurance in supporting overall wellness, according to the recently released 2023 State of America’s Oral Health and Wellness Report, a nationwide analysis of consumer opinions and behaviors relating to oral health.
The report indicates that having dental insurance provides health, emotional, and financial benefits ranging from good overall health to peace of mind to helping save money. Delta Dental commissioned the research, which included more than 2,000 U.S. adults and parents of children 12 and under.
Key findings from the 2023 report include:
Supporting optimal overall health
- The report finds 86% of adults agree that having dental coverage allows for good overall health.
- A vast majority of adults (82%) believe that dental insurance is an essential part of overall wellness.
Fostering emotional well-being
- Nearly 9 in 10 adults (87%) agree that dental insurance gives them peace of mind.
- Further, most adults (81%) say having dental insurance instills confidence in their smile.
Providing tangible cost benefits
- More than 8 in 10 adults (85%) recognize dental insurance helps save money in the long run.
“This year’s report underscores the critical role of dental insurance in supporting whole person health,” said James W. Hutchison, president and chief executive officer, Delta Dental Plans Association. “As the nation’s leading dental benefits provider, we are deeply committed to fostering greater oral health equity through innovative and affordable dental plans, which will help lead to better overall health outcomes for all.”
To read the full 2023 State of America’s Oral Health and Wellness Report and learn more about the report’s methodology and findings, click here.