Colgate launches its “Science to Cities” program, a five-city, educational lecture tour led by industry leaders who will present the latest approaches on the practical application of evidence-based dentistry in clinical practice. The tour will take place from November 19 to December 10, and discounts are available for those who register early.
The lectures, entitled “New Perspectives on Evidence-Based Dentistry,” will offer discussion on the gum disease epidemic in the US and assist dental professionals in making informed evidence-based recommendations for patient home care of natural teeth and implants. In addition, the technology behind dentifrice containing triclosan/copolymer will be reviewed in detail along with the mode of action, clinical benefits, ?and safety. The lectures will explore:
- New advances in periodontology and evidence-based management of disease, including treatment protocols.
- How evidence-based dentistry can be used in clinical practice to make decisions for patient care.
- The fundamentals of systematic reviews—how to interpret results and the role these reviews play in evidence-based dentistry.
- New insights on implant maintenance and the role of triclosan with respect to inflammation.
- A review of the safety and efficacy of triclosan for use in Colgate Total® toothpaste.
Dates, locations, and speakers for the lectures are as follows:
- Boston–November 19 –John Comisi, DDS, and JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD
- Atlanta–November 21–Angelo Mariotti, DDS, and Ann Eshenaur Spolarich, RDH, PhD
- San Francisco–December 3–Angelo Mariotti, DDS, and JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD
- Houston–December 5–Angelo Mariotti, DDS, and JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD
- Chicago–December 10–John Comisi, DDS, and JoAnn Gurenlian, RDH, PhD
“Almost half of American adults have periodontal disease, and far too many are living with chronic gingivitis and inflammation,” remarked Dr Barbara Shearer, director of scientific affairs for Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals. “As part of our efforts to decrease these concerning statistics, Colgate is committed to providing timely, relevant information to the industry in order to increase successful patient outcomes.”