Henry Schein Orthodontics announced in-booth education sessions and product demonstrations for the 2023 AAO Annual Session.
Henry Schein Orthodontics, the orthodontics business of Henry Schein, presented its lineup of speakers, product demonstrations, and new software and scanner integrations at the American Association of Orthodontics (AAO) 2023 Annual Session.
Taking place at McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois, from April 21-24, AAO’s Annual Session will bring together orthodontists and their teams to learn how to master new clinical techniques, tap into the power of 3D printing technology, overcome current labor shortages, and many other topics.
Visitors of HSO’s booth (#1717) looking to harness innovative procedures and treatment, achieve maximum results with aligners, and improve communication to expand referral sources will have an opportunity to attend the following education, featuring leading orthodontists:
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am: “The Secret to Progress is Innovation: Unveiling Motion Pro” –
- Dr. Luis Carrière (Barcelona, Spain)
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: “Motion and Mixed Dentition: Phase I Synergy and Simplicity” – Dr. Mike Ragan (Dallas, TX)
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: “Push Traditional Boundaries to Get Incredible Results with Aligners” – Dr. Bruce McFarlane (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm: “The Communication Gap: How to Improve Relationships with Key Referral Sources” – Dr. Lou Chmura (Marshall, MI)
- 11:00 am – 11:30 am: “Better Together: The Synergy of Hybrids” – Dr. Bruce McFarlane
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: “True or False? Does Passive Self-Ligation Really Make a Difference?” – Dr. David Paquette (Mooresville, NC)
- 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: “Proven Results Time After Time with the Motion Appliance” – Dr. Luis Carrière
“At Henry Schein Orthodontics, we understand the power of community and have brought together leading experts in orthodontics to deliver education that can help drive change and innovation in specialty practices,” said Loraine Kosa McDonald, senior manager of Global Professional Education & Events, Henry Schein Orthodontics. “This year’s Annual Session is also an important opportunity for us to give the orthodontic community access to new products and solutions that will help advance orthodontic treatment and acceptance and help fulfill patient and provider goals. We look forward to delivering both the education and products that orthodontics can continue to rely on from Henry Schein.”
In addition to education, HSO will feature hands-on product demonstrations of the following orthodontic solutions:
- Carriere Motion 3D Class II – The Carriere Motion 3D Class II appliance is based on the Sagittal First philosophy of achieving a stable Class I platform in the posterior segment at the onset of treatment to simplify treatment and reduce patient time in braces or aligners. This treatment paradigm helps eliminate competing force vectors and patient compliance issues inherent in traditional Class II correction. This appliance is simple to use, features a sleek patient-friendly design, and helps achieve predictable outcomes.
- Carriere Motion 3D Class III Appliance – The Motion 3D Class III Appliance is a minimally invasive appliance designed to treat Class III malocclusions without extractions, painful surgery, or traditionally uncomfortable and obtrusive facemasks. Utilizing the latest in advanced orthodontic technology, the Motion 3D Appliance helps ensure a fast, effective, and aesthetic first-phase treatment.
- Carriere SLX 3D Self-Ligating Bracket System with M-Series & Expansion Wires – The bracket system features narrow brackets for narrow teeth and wide brackets for wide teeth, helping practitioners perform aligner treatment for all patients, and achieve rotational control and ideal tooth positioning with enhanced precision. Carriere M-Series Wires, which include the .015 Cu Nitanium Wire and the innovative 3-Wire Sequence, were engineered to enable a simplified wire progression protocol, reduce the number of wires used, and finish cases in approximately 12 months. The patented M-Series Expansion Wires are pre-manufactured Copper Nitanium wires in pre-formed wide and narrow archwire shapes, ideal for treating expansion, crossbite, and Brodie bite malocclusions.
- Minimum Touch OrthodonticSM (MTO) – MTO is a new treatment philosophy from Henry Schein Orthodontics that blends contemporary clinical principles with advanced digital solutions into an efficient workflow, delivering enhanced results in fewer and shorter appointments with reduced treatment times. The goal of MTO is to help practitioners satisfy the busy lifestyle demands of patients and cater to patients who favor convenience.
- Reveal Clear Aligners (Reveal) featuring Studio Pro 4.0 – From patient scans to aligner treatment, Reveal offers a simple workflow that’s easy to manage, helping to maximize clinical efficiency and aligner treatment predictability. The Reveal Clear Aligners system uses an open platform, making it digitally compatible with most intraoral scanners or polyvinyl siloxane (PVS) impressions, ensuring customers can use existing equipment for additional savings and a familiar workflow. In addition, Reveal features treatment visualization software, such as Studio Pro 4.0. The web-based treatment visualization software for Reveal Clear Aligners provides enhanced functionality to model, customize, and fine-tune tooth movement. Customers can access the software using DDX (Digital Dental Exchange), a free web-based platform that allows practitioners to communicate with Henry Schein Orthodontics’ aligner lab partners and create and submit patient data for case management.
In addition to these products, experts will be available to discuss the latest integrations between Reveal Clear Aligners and many leading intraoral scanners from 3Shape, Dentsply Sirona, Medit, and Planmeca, as well as data practice management software integration with Ortho2, a leading provider of practice management software solutions to orthodontists in the US and Canada.